Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: a lil help here with 1945...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sickboyking79's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    couldnt help but notice if theres a difference between 1945 on live at the roxy and on live in oc...the roxy version is 2:56 long and then the oc version 2:11 long,oh and the mainliner version is 2:04 long,is there a difference in the solos?...i cannot really distinguish the difference,must not be payin enuff attention,fuck my face!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Glenn Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    784
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know, but I do know that the lineup and the live show back then when Live At The Roxy was NOTHING to compare to the lineup now and the live show the band delievers today... Simply no comparison. I cringe when I hear that live album because they sound sooo much better now than ever. Ness was into that "growling" back then as opposed to singing.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member big-ballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2004
    Posts
    272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    He plays a very extended solo from the live at the roxy show.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sickboyking79's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hmmm,yea thanx for the input bigballz,figured it was a longer solo on live at the roxy,sounds completely badass,and personally live at the roxy is awesome regardless of the lineup,live at roxy has a certain raw pissed n angry sound that i am enthusiatic about,i understand that mike was in a difficult phase during the white light era and it kinda spilled out onto live at the roxy becuz mike is just singing and playing the songs with a balls out approach,every werd he sings is just hostile.i'd like to think the white light era was social d at its finest. My personal favorite album is WLWHWT,it is their best effort,lyrically and musically,guess its just the anger that mike expresses thruout the album is what appeals to me...thanx

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner Jnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by sickboyking79:
    i'd like to think the white light era was social d at its finest. My personal favorite album is WLWHWT,it is their best effort,lyrically and musically,guess its just the anger that mike expresses thruout the album is what appeals to me...thanx[/QB]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Im with you on that one, and where is Chuck Biscuits? [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member felixramone's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2006
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm with Jnova on that subject. but every album reflects a different state of mind. Maybe next alb um he will be more pissoff with the world or he will continue throwing roses to the crowd. Anyhow you can't be pissed at the world all your life.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Glenn Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    784
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jnova - I have been trying to research what had happened to Chuck Biscuits and all I can find out is that he quit the music business due to health problems... Can anyone confirm this or anything else about him?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Glenn Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    784
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jnova - I have been trying to research what had happened to Chuck Biscuits and all I can find out is that he quit the music business due to health problems... Can anyone confirm this or anything else about him?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Glenn Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    784
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jnova - I have been trying to research what had happened to Chuck Biscuits and all I can find out is that he quit the music business due to health problems... Can anyone confirm this or anything else about him?

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner Jnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by glenn76:
    Jnova - I have been trying to research what had happened to Chuck Biscuits and all I can find out is that he quit the music business due to health problems... Can anyone confirm this or anything else about him?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Yeah dude he's a mystery. Ive also heard that he wasnt the easiest guy to get along with. Maybe that has something to do with his not working in the business anymore. Pure speculation on my part of course. I know during his career he changed bands like I change my socks. Never stuck with anyone for a great length of time. Wonder why...

    I did find this interview the other day when I googled him. This was the only interesting piece of info I found. It was before he joined Social D but its still a good read.

    http://www.misfitscentral.com/darticle/flip84.html

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ July 25, 2008 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Jnova ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •